To All Homecoming Redcoat Musicians!
We are delighted you will be with us “Between the Hedges” one more time!
Registration, practice, pregame times, etc. are TBA. We are waiting for announcement of kickoff time, which may not be set until as late as a week before. No matter when game time is set, check-in and rehearsal will still be early morning! So plan on early arrival on campus!
At morning check in, you will receive your envelope with name badge required to get on the field for pregame, your game tickets and lunch tickets (if you ordered and paid for them through the RBAA). Lunch tickets will be inserted in your nametag badge.
You will need to go to the RBAA website to get further information on the following:
MUSIC—To download the music Click Here. The password for the music is Dancz. You MUST download this before Homecoming morning. We will not have any copies available. Due to copyright laws, please do not share this password with non-Redcoats, and please do not post on social media.
- 8:00 am– Current Redcoat rehearsal.
- 9:00 am– Alumni Band check-in, late walkup registration. If we are set up prior to this time, we will gladly begin check-in and registration so you can watch the Redcoats practice.
- 10:00 am– Current and Alumni Redcoats Meet and Greet on field, Battle Hymn, instrument exchange (those alumni borrowing Redcoat instruments), final instructions. Please stay with your instrument section so we can get some group photos of current Redcoats with Alumni.
- 10:15 am – Alumni Band rehearsal.
- 11:45- Quick update and information you need for the rest of the day from the Alumni Board and Redcoat Staff. We ask that everyone stay for these few minutes- vital last-minute information will be passed along such as instrument hand-off back to Redcoats following pregame, time adjustments, etc.
- 12:00 noon – Rehearsal ends.
- 5:30 pm- Drumline show next to Tate.
- 6:00 pm- Dawgwalk next to Tate.
- 6:50 pm– Alumni Band members may enter the field (when game countdown clock reads 40 minutes before kickoff). PLEASE stay off the white tarp on the sideline- walk around it per the Athletic Association. Do not crowd the teams.
- Step-off for pregame performance will likely be when there is 15:30remaining on the game clock.
- Return borrowed Redcoat instruments immediately following pregame performance and retreat to seats to watch the Dawgs take on Mizzou for 7:30 pm kickoff Between the Hedges!
UNIFORMS—All participants must conform to theMANDATORY prescribed uniform requirements or entry will not be permitted onto the field:
- Black LONG PANTS: No capris, shorts, etc.
- Black shoes, black socks.
- Approved RBAA shirt in RED (only Drum Majors will wear black shirts). Don’t forget to order your shirts now to allow time for processing and shipping.
To order Click Here. The password is RBAA.
- “Redcoat Band Alumni Shirt” and “Cap” direct from Oasis
- Includes $5 personalization option
- Items shipped to your address
- “Legacy” or “Super G” logo option- your choice
MARCHING POSITIONS AND DRILL CHARTS are not available at this time. We will update you prior to Homecoming.
Please check the RBAA website for changes to the schedule and to print your own music and drill charts, as none will be available at check-in.
If you have reserved a Redcoat instrument, you must have your own mouthpiece (and adapter for Mellophone, if using a horn mouthpiece). Percussionists must have their own sticks and mallets.
Nametags—All participants must have the nametag issued at check-in to access the field for the pregame performance.
EVERY PERSON (EVEN BABIES) must have a game ticket to enter the Stadium, and NO children are permitted on the field. Please plan ahead of time for someone to watch your children in the stands while you perform on the field.
We hope this will be the best Homecoming weekend ever for you! Your Board is working hard for you to make this the best Homecoming weekend ever!
Also, on Homecoming Friday, Oct. 16th at noon, the Hodgson Wind Ensemble is performing their annual “Concert on the Lawn” on North Campus near the Arch. If you’re in town, plan to attend! Bring a chair an